HOW TO APPLY: If you are interested in joining the Nickel Road Operating Team, you may view our current opening below. Please send Resume/CV for this position to: email@example.com.
Nickel Road Operating LLC is an equal opportunity employer, and in accordance with applicable federal and state laws, will not discriminate in recruitment, employment, promotion, training or any other job-related matters regardless of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veterans as proscribed under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Notice to Third-Party Agencies
Nickel Road Operating LLC does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement and approved engagement request, Nickel Road Operating LLC explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE MANAGER
Seeking an Accounting and Finance Manager to manage all operational accounting functions, perform financial modelling, and financial reporting out of our office in Denver, CO. Minimum 5 years' experience required.
The Accounting and Finance Manager is responsible for the development and maintenance of the Company’s financial forecasting models, assists in the development and maintains the Company’s capital and operating budget, and day to day treasury functions. Additionally, the Accounting and Finance Manager must demonstrate a strong understanding of Accounting, Taxes, and Midstream, to aid in the overall ability to strategically forecast for the Company.
The tasks, duties, and responsibilities of the position:
• Assist in establishing and implementing short- and long- range financial goals, objectives, policies, and procedures;
• Actively participate in financial forecasting and budgeting activities for the Company, its affiliates and individual transactions being considered;
• Oversee and forecast the Company’s liquidity or cash flow positions, strategically manage financing strategies, maintain banking relationships, actively participate in equity or debt financing deals, and oversee the company’s credit monitoring policies and strategies;
• Support the annual budget with complete income statement, balance sheet & statement of cash flows;
• Prepare monthly forecasts to support Partners/Executive leadership’s strategic planning efforts and periodic evaluation of pending business arrangements, acquisitions of operating properties or companies, etc.;
• Assist in the preparation of an annual general and administrative budget for the Company;
• Assist operating management with the budgeting system and financial evaluation processes as they are developed and implemented;
• Liase with accounting back office to generate periodic asset-level reporting (LOS, AFE, budget vs actual);
• Reconcile LOS volumes with reported production volumes for revenue statement generation and financial statement input;
• Intermediary between accounting and land to ensure division order changes are received and manage the rebook process if necessary;
• Assist in external audits;
• Review the preparation of financial statements in accordance with GAAP, and have a working knowledge of SEC regulations;
• Continually evaluate and enhance financial reports to provide management with information to assist them in making business decisions;
• Assist in establishing and maintaining internal and operational controls necessary to monitor performance;
• Consult with Partners/Executive leadership on accounting & reporting aspects of new lending arrangements or acquisition agreements;
• Continually seek opportunities for improvements;
• Assist with other corporate needs requested by the executive management team;
• Perform other finance and business-related projects as assigned by the Partners/Executive leadership.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
The specific minimum competencies required for job performance:
• Must demonstrate strong leadership skills, the ability to creatively think through complicated problems in a strategic manner, and the ability to implement strategic and tactical solutions with and through people;
• Must have demonstrated business skills; a willingness to accept and assign accountability and responsibility; and the ability to establish clear, consistent objectives and deliver measurable results and positive impact;
• Previous successful experience with coaching, mentoring and managing finance or accounting personnel;
• Acts ethically, with complete integrity and honesty; possesses a strong work ethic and demands high professional standards of self and others;
• Works with purpose and a sense of urgency, is deadline focused and commitment driven;
• Identifies priorities, problems and opportunities; quickly elicits cooperation for solutions in a positive and proactive manner;
• Ability to work within, build and lead teams of subordinates, outside advisors and co- workers;
• Abilities of self-sufficiency and self-assurance to work in a growing and evolving function;
• Advanced knowledge of financial processes, internal control considerations, and Financial Planning techniques a must;
• Clarity of communication, both written and oral, within Company and external entities;
• Ability to clearly present financial concepts to non-financial persons;
• Strong presentation and project management skills;
• Ability to manage multiple projects in a deadline-oriented function.
The minimum level of education, experience, and certifications required to perform the job.
• 5 years’ minimum experience leading a corporate finance team including experience in a GAAP and SEC reporting environment;
• Oil & Gas accounting experience and financial reporting experience required;
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related major.